During the holidays, it’s easy to slip into busy mode.
We finish one task only to start another. By the time New Year’s arrives, we are just grateful for a little rest before launching into the new year.
Now is a good time to do something to make 2018 memorable. Look over this list, or come up with your own!
- Call a friend you haven’t seen in a while. Reconnect.
- Paint a picture.
- Dance with your children!
- Spend Thanksgiving working at a soup kitchen.
- Buy a toy for a child and give it to the Marine Corps’ “Toys for Tots”
- Visit the residents at a nursing home
- Open your home for 3 hours to your neighbors and offer light refreshments.
- Read a good book.
- Visit a children’s hospital and read a book to a sick child.
- Commit to journaling for 30 days, only writing about the things you are thankful for.
- Write a thank you note to your pastor or rabbi or minister, letting them know how they have made a difference in your life.
- Give your spouse or significant other 15 minutes of your undivided attention.
- List your successes for the year and write thank you notes to the people who helped you achieve that success.
Does that get you started? Hopefully, this list is gets your juices going. 2015 is nearly over, so do something to make it a year to remember!