I love this time of year. Getting ready for the holidays, I always get a renewed sense of hope and gratitude. As a business owner, I have learned over the years that the key to abundance is gratitude and appreciation. Sometime in our quest for success, we are so focused on what we want that we don't appreciate what we have. I fall into this trap, as well. So I thought this is a good time to encourage all of us with quotes about gratitude to remind us how truly blessed we are RIGHT NOW!
- "Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy." Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." Frank A. Clark
- "'Enough' is a feast. Buddhist proverb
- "Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” Winnie the Pooh
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” Maya Angelou
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” Marcus Tullius Cicero
- The Hebrew term for gratitude is hikarat hatov, which means, literally, "recognizing the good." Practicing gratitude means recognizing the good that is already yours. Dr. Alan Morinis
- “... because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” Wallace Wattles
- "When you adopt an attitude of gratitude celebrating for no good reason, is a good enough reason. And if you rejoice with life, it will rejoice with you — it’s when you have this attitude, that more good comes to you." Tony Robbins
- You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you” ~ Sarah Ban Breathnack
- “If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.” ~ John Wooden
- No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” ~ James Allen
- f the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart
- Gratitude is the music of the heart, when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness. ~Author Unknown
- Who does not thank for little will not thank for much. ~Estonian Proverb
- The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. ~Eric Hoffer
- "We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction." - Harry Ironside
- "The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!" - Henry Ward Beecher
And let' remember these memorable words of Dr Seuss:
When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad,
you should do what I do
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
You're really quite lucky.
Some people are much more,
Oh ever so much more...
Oh muchy much-much more
Unlucky than you.